In May 2011, I made a vintage vauxhall car with a rubber band engine. The car was built as an example of how to make a rubber band engine for kids. The car was then gives as a wedding card(d) for a friend who sold cars. It was important to me, that the car was similar to a real vintage car, therefore the car was made by looking at photos of real and toy vintage vauxhall cars. The blogpost with this car has had more than 5500 hits on my blog - and the blogpost which still have most visitors - 3 years later.
The car was made a few weeks before I got my Silhouette. The first car was made without any cutting device, but just with with scissors. I published the hand drawn template in the blogpost 5.th of June. After I published this car, and the template, I have had several questions about creating a silhouette file for the car. I therefore used my own template, and redrew the template to create a silhouette file. I have added seats, wheels and lid for the boot. I have changed the bumper, and it is based on a photo of a real vauxhall car. I created a new car with the silhouette file. I am giving away this silhouette file, just contact me for the file (see copyright before you use it)
I used papers from Maya design, Vintage summer basics, for the car. The seats and lid for the boot is made with paper from DCWV, the textures and finishes stack.
The car head hood ornament is a part from an old juvelery
Leaves are made with a Nellie Snellen Leaf Punch and emboss. The leafs have been distressed with distress ink. Flowers are from Prima and Wild Orchid Craft.
I have also used strips of silver tape from Søstrene Grene.
The bling arrows are from Prima
The boot of the car is the same as the earlier version of the car, but I have added a lid, so the car is also functions as a small box with room for a treat.
Hope you like this
If you would like the free template, this was published in early June 2011, in my blog
(See copyright for the template in the blogpost - do not republish or sell the template, as it is or edited
- as a cutting file or as a template)
If you would like the silhouette file, please contact me.
I am entering these challenges
- Crazy challenge - Love and marriage
- Kreativ scrapping - Bryllup
- Totally gorjuss - Flowers
- Scrappehjertet - Flowers
- Thats just so cute - 3D
- Cute and daisy - B is for: Blue and Bling
- Storyteller norge - Bling eller perler
- Trykkpressa - Esker (Bagasjerom fungerer som en eske med lokk)
- Vintage udfordring - Esker (Bagasjerom fungerer som en eske med lokk)
- Pumpkin spice blog - Vacation
- Crafty sentiments - Anything goes
- Crafting at the weekend - Anything goes
- 7 kids challenge blog - Anything goes
- Divas by design challenge - Anything goes
- The paper shelter - Anything goes
- Time 4 scrap -Anything goes
- Crafty calendar challenge - Anything goes